Fisher Impulse AQ – A New Pulse Metal Detector With Metal Discrimination!
Yes, fellow detectorists, it has happened! Fisher Labs has announced its new product – the Fisher Impulse AQ metal detector! Fundamentally a new development and, it seems, a revolutionary device in the world of metal detectors.
It was not possible to test much of the novelty, it was hidden at the Fisher Lab stand at IWA Outdoors 2019. The “fishers” do not like to give away too much information, but this is what I found out:
1. The novelty is a pulse device, but with discrimination of ferrous metal and gold. Designed specifically to find gold jewelry and small gold chains and earrings. Since this is a pulse device, it will work without problems on any beaches.
2. So far, the metal detector is at the final test stage, the appearance and some characteristics may change.
3. The metal detector has several search modes – you can shift the detection of the conductivity of metals, for example: you can move the detection towards poorly conductive metals (small gold items) and at the same time eliminate highly conductive targets (large coins of silver and copper), and vice versa – you can look for large targets and cut off the poorly conductive.
4. Tonality: in the “all metals” mode – one tone, then there is the “2 tones” mode and the “mute” mode.
5. The device is assembled from high-strength components, it can be seen through the cable thickness, and through a capacious battery, over the coil connector (the largest connector I have ever seen!) The metal detector is waterproof up to 1 meter – you could work up to the neck in water and find gold just right.
6. They have chosen an unusual way of mounting the coil to the rod, also a novelty, not seen before.
7. The battery life is up to 10 hours. You can connect a larger battery and increase the operating time up to 20 hours.
8. Yes, there is no screen on the device. And why is the screen needed? All the necessary settings are there – volume, threshold tone, iron mask, saturation mode. You can change modes, check the battery level, cut off the noise.
9. Pulse devices have always had a problem – no discrimination. Now the problem is solved and this means that you can walk in all places as if they have never been searched before.
10. Price. It will cost approximately 2100-2500 US dollars. New technologies cost money, yes, but they also bring an advantage over all other metal detectors.
11. Soon there will be models for searching for gold nuggets, as well as for searching for coins and relics.
12. To the feel, the weight is about 1.6-1.8 kg, and the balancing is not bad, the device does not “pull” towards the coil.
My first testing showed that the trash and other targets it cuts off without a problem, and the gold ring on the finger gives a good signal in all the positions of the ring! Such a signal cannot be confused with anything else.
Well, the first tests will show us something interesting, at least the first impression was very pleasant and interesting, we’ll be waiting for more news!
A video on that metal detector will be very soon, so stay tuned!